The MAPO area is served by a variety of public and private transit providers. The largest of these is the Greater Mankato Transit System (GMTS). Increasingly more people are enjoying the GMTS and other regional providers. Below is a refresher on how to help ensure your bus ride is safe, enjoyable, and efficient.
1. Know your route. GMTS route information is available here.
2. Use Google Maps. For those with smart phones, just type your destination into Google Maps and select the “bus” icon. GMTS has uploaded route information to Google to help riders find their way.
3. Have your fare ready ahead of time when boarding. This will help ensure everyone gets there on time. Fill the bus seats in the back first.
4. Sit appropriately. The “courtesy seats” (the seats nearest the front) shouldn’t be used until the bus starts to fill up, unless you are elderly, disabled, or pregnant.
5. All buses are ADA accessible and equipped to accommodate wheelchairs, scooters and walkers.
9. Consider purchasing a 30-Day Frequent Rider Bus Pass.
10. Don’t inflict your noise on others. Loud talking, electronics, and singing can be distracting. Wear ear buds and keep the volume low enough so that only you can hear it.
11. All buses are equipped with bike racks and may be used at no extra charge. Bicycles are not allowed inside the bus.