What is the Long Range Transportation Plan 2045 Update?
In 2020, MAPO adopted the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) 2045 Update. The Update serves as a blueprint for making area transportation decisions. It includes long-range and short-range strategies and actions that contribute to the development of an integrated multimodal transportation system to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. In keeping with the intent and requirements of applicable transportation legislation and the requirements stipulated by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and the State of Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), the Update is multimodal in nature. It includes (but is not limited to) consideration for: public transportation, pedestrian facilities, bikeways, streets, roads, highways, air and landside airport improvements, transportation system management and operations (TSMO); and freight transportation.
The MAPO LRTP 2045 Update documents are linked below:
Share your thoughts on the area’s multimodal transportation system in the comment box below.
For more information contact staff at 507-387-8613 or 507-387-8389.
Inaugural Long Range Transportation Plan (adopted 2015)
- Long-Range Transportation Plan full document
- Table of contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Public engagement process
- Chapter 3 – Existing system conditions
- Chapter 4 – Safety and crash assessment
- Chapter 5 – Goals, objectives, and performance measures
- Chapter 6 – Traffic forecasts and operations
- Chapter 7 – Range of alternatives
- Chapter 8 – Financial report
- Chapter 9 – Implementation report
- Chapter 10 – Recommended future network
- Chapter 11 – System management
- Chapter 12 – Next Steps
- Appendix 2
- Appendix 6-A
- Appendix 7-A
- Signed resolution