Visit the LRTP Update website: www.mapolrtpupdate.com.
For those unable to attend the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Update Open House on October 29, 2019, digital copies of the display boards are available here.
Over 2019 -2020, MAPO is developing an Update to the region’s Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). The Update will include long-range and short-range strategies and actions that contribute to the development of an integrated multimodal transportation system to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. In keeping with the intent and requirements of the FAST Act (and other applicable transportation legislation), and the requirements stipulated by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), and the State of Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), the Update will be multimodal in nature. It shall include (but not be limited to) consideration for: public transportation, pedestrian facilities, bikeways, streets, roads, highways, air- and landside airport improvements, transportation system management and operations (TSMO); and freight transportation.
Share your thoughts on the area’s multimodal transportation system in the comment box below. Check the MAPO website for information about future public input events.
For more information contact staff at 507-387-8613 or 507-387-8389.
- Long-Range Transportation Plan full document
- Table of contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Public engagement process
- Chapter 3 – Existing system conditions
- Chapter 4 – Safety and crash assessment
- Chapter 5 – Goals, objectives, and performance measures
- Chapter 6 – Traffic forecasts and operations
- Chapter 7 – Range of alternatives
- Chapter 8 – Financial report
- Chapter 9 – Implementation report
- Chapter 10 – Recommended future network
- Chapter 11 – System management
- Chapter 12 – Next Steps
- Appendix 2
- Appendix 6-A
- Appendix 7-A
- Signed resolution